Getting to Utrecht
Getting to Utrecht
People living in (Western) Europe might want to consider taking the train to Utrecht Centraal:
- From Düsseldorf (3 hours, via DB or NS)
- From Brussels (2-3 hours, via NMBS or NS)
- From Cologne (3 ½ hours, via DB or NS)
- From Frankfurt (3 ½ hours, via DB or NS)
- From Paris (3 ½ hours, via Thalys or NS)
- From London (5 hours, via NS)
- From Berlin (6-7 hours, via DB or NS)
- From Lyon (7 hours, via Thalys or NS)
The closest airport is:
- Amsterdam Airport Schiphol (AMS) (36 min. by train, or 35-50 min. drive)
Amsterdam Airport Schiphol is about 45 km from the city center of Utrecht, which can easily be reached by train or taxi. There is a direct train from train station Schiphol Airport to Utrecht Centraal. You can buy a train ticket at the train station or order an e-ticket via the website. A one-way ticket, 2nd class, is € 10.20. When you buy the ticket at the train station, it costs € 11.20.
- Rotterdam The Hague Airport (RTM) (75 min. by bus and train, or 45-65 min. drive)
- Eindhoven Airport (EIN) (90 min. by bus and train, or 55-70 min. drive)
- Weeze Airport (NRN), Germany (about 3 hours by bus and train, or 90-120 min. drive)
- Düsseldorf Airport (DUS), Germany (3 hours by bus and train, or 2-3 hours drive)
- Zaventem Airport (BRU), Belgium (1.15 to 3 hours by bus and train, or 2-3 hours drive)
- Brussels South Charleroi Airport (CRL), Belgium (4 hours by bus and train, or 3-4 hours drive)
Flixbus provides cheap transit to Utrecht from many cities in Europe.
Parking near the conference venue in Utrecht is costly. The closest options near the venue of the main conference (TivoliVredenburg) are the parking garages of Hoog Catharijne, which you can reserve for € 25,- per day. A more affordable option is to park your car for several days is to use Park & Ride garage Transferium Westraven, which costs € 6,- per day and is a 12 minute tram ride from train station Utrecht Centraal.